Knitting Cables 101 - April 23 (11am-2pm) or May 14 (3pm-6pm)
Time to learn those cables!
In this 3-hour workshop we will look at several types of cable stitches. The integrate texture of cables can add a level of interest into any pattern. You can make any kind of cable by suspending a number of stitches on a cable needle while you knit that same number of stitches from the other needle.
Skill level: Advanced beginner / Intermediate - must be comfortable knitting and purling
- Reading a cable pattern
- Twisting stiches right and left
- Fixing twisted stitches
- Checking your gauge in a cable pattern
- Adding a cable to a non-cable pattern
- Binding off a cable
- Bring some working yarn in DK or Worsted weight - working yarn will be available at the shop if you do not have any on hand
- Needles appropriate for DK or Worsted (US size 5 to 7)
Students receive a 10% discount on purchase of materials.
COVID protocols: All participants must wear masks during class. Please do not attend class if you are not feeling well or have been exposed to COVID.