Beginning Tunisian Crochet - June 26th and August 4th
Introduction to Tunisian crochet
Instructor Millie Tansill
Millie enjoys combining texture and color. Get to know Millie on Ravelry @mftansill or Instagram @mftansill.
We are very excited to offer this class at Sweet Pea Fiber and provide a solid foundation to Tunisian crochet. This fun technique dates back to at least the early 1800s and has undergone a large rise in popularity in recent years.
Tunisian crochet is also known as Afghan crochet, hook knitting, tricot crochet, hakking, railroad knitting, and shepherd's knitting.
- Chain Stitch (CH)
- Foundation Row
- Return Pass (RETP)
- Tunisian Edge Stitch (TES)
- Tunisian Simple Stitch (Tss)
- Tunisian Knit Stitch (Tks)
- Tunisian Purl Stitch (Tps)
Class Supply List
- Tunisian crochet hook (6.0 or 6.5 mm) Shop hooks will be provided for use during class.
- 1 skein of 100g DK weight yarn of choice. We recommend AT Haynes House Yarns available at the shop or online directly from the maker.
- 1 pair scissors
Skill Level: Complete Beginner
10% supply discount applied to students.
COVID protocols: All participants must wear masks during class. Please do not attend class if you are not feeling well or have been exposed to COVID.