Tunisian Crochet-Beginner - March 12 (10:30am to 12:00noon)
Introduction to Tunisian crochet
Instructor Millie Tansill
Millie enjoys combining texture and color. Get to know Millie on Ravelry @mftansill or Instagram @mftansill.
We are very excited to offer this class at Sweet Pea Fiber and provide a solid foundation to Tunisian crochet. This fun technique dates back to at least the early 1800s and has undergone a large rise in popularity in recent years.
Tunisian crochet is also known as Afghan crochet, hook knitting, tricot crochet, hakking, railroad knitting, and shepherd's knitting.
- Chain Stitch (CH) -- It is important to know the basic crochet chain stitch as a foundation. If you need learning the chain stitch, call the shop (240-559-7497) and we will set up a time to teach you the basic chain stitch.
- Foundation Row
- Return Pass (RETP)
- Tunisian Edge Stitch (TES)
- Tunisian Simple Stitch (Tss)
- Tunisian Knit Stitch (Tks)
- Tunisian Purl Stitch (Tps)
Class Supply List
- Tunisian crochet hook (6.0 or 6.5 mm) Shop hooks will be provided for use during class.
- A small ball of DK weight yarn to work with in class as you learn the stitches.
Skill Level: Complete Beginner -- You should know the chain stitch; if you do not, please come by the shop before the class for a quick chain stitch lesson.
10% supply discount applied to students.
Although masks are no longer required when shopping in the store, we do suggest that you wear a mask during class. Please do not attend class if you are not feeling well or have been exposed to COVID.