Fingerless Mittens (January 24th & 31st * 6:30 to 8:30pm)
Fingerless Mittens * January 24th and 31st from 6:30pm to 8:30pm
Instructor Lori Rolston
Need a versatile accessory that will keep your wrists, hands, and fingers warm while allowing your fingertips to run wild? These mittens are incredible! Designed by the instructor, the finger cowl (new term from Sweet Pea) can be as short or as long as you desire to meet your warming needs.
Once you whip up your first pair, you will be hooked. Fingerless mitts for all the family and friends!
The design allows for a choice of finishing -- (1) long ribbing flap or (2) convertible flap with a button.
You will Learn:
- A stretchy cast on -- The German Twisted cast on
- Making a thumb gusset - picking up gusset stitches
- Increasing with Make 1 Right and Make 1 Left (M1R and M1L)
- A stretchy bind off -- The Icelandic bind off
Skills needed: ability to knit and to work in the round
- Minimum 200 yards/100g of worsted weight yarn (Malabrigo Worsted was used for the sample in the picture)
- Size 7 or 8 needles –> whichever needles you prefer for working in the round: DP, 2 sets; or long cable for magic loop
Please bring your materials ready to work at the beginning of class time. If you need materials, all are available for purchase at the store. 10% discount applied to students.
COVID protocols: Although masks are optional when shopping in the store, we request that masks are worn during class. Please do not attend class if you are not feeling well or have been exposed to COVID.